Good day,

This must be a fairly recent thing, wanting all front panels to be the same except for the name. Over the years I've gone down the route of: Heathkit RA1 RX + HB TX, National NCX5 tcvr, FT101, Racal kit whilst in Antarctica, TS120V, Marconi and Eddystone equipment at the salt mine, nothing common between the lot of them except that the knobs turn and the switches switch. QRT 10 years. Returned in 2000 and built a K2 and eventually progressed to a K3 so quite used to the Elecraft format. However, I must say that I don't like the K3 soggy rubber buttons compared to the nice tactile click of the K2's.

I thought that as big brained mammals we had the ability to learn and adapt or have the past couple of million years been waisted. We certainly seem to have evolved and discarded the "read the manual" gene, or is that just a man thing.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO