On Tue,12/23/2014 4:54 AM, david Moes wrote:
Interesting presentation and I certainly understand the principal of supply voltage vs IMD. There are some transmitters that I would not run at 12v some are worse than others. Im looking specifically at K3 performance as this is what I have, and as Don points out it is one of if not the cleanest out there and as pointed out droping my power by 30% would have little effect at the receiving end but would certainly reduce IMD and may get me an hour more operating time to boot. What transmitter you were using on page 43

I don't know -- that part of the program was prepared by K6XX. You can identify his measurement slides by their screen display, which were made using a Rigol Spectrum Analyzer. My measurements were those done using the P3, looking at signals on the air.

Seems to be an ICOM 7600 for most samples and what were the actual high, nominal, and low voltages. just a guess would be the rigs spec High, 13.8, and spec minimum.

Also I wonder if I could get the authors permission to use this in a presentation at a club meeting.

Sorry, no, because much of the content of the presentation depends on Bob's oral talk, and it was not recorded. You are, however, welcome to pass around the link.

73, Jim K9YC