RV's all contain power supplies that are designed to use 120 volts from
either generator or park power, to provide fifty-sixty-ish DC amperage to
the 12 volt (13.8) rails and "house" batteries around the RV. RV's run a
LOT of stuff on 13.8: fridge controls, Air Cond. controls, fans, furnace,
lights, alarms, water pump, etc. The difference between these power
supplies and an automotive changer, is that the RV supplies are designed to
work with a deep cycle battery (often a pair of 6V T105's in series)
floating on the 12 volt rail, and have the 14.4 v bulk charge, 13.6 v
maintenance or "absorbtion" charge and 13.2 float settings logic built in.
The power supplies are also designed to provide up to charger max current
rating to the 12 volt rail once battery(s) are charged. Typical power
supply size for a pair of T105's is 55 or 65 amps, which will nicely power
a station with a pair of K3's plus a lot of 12v accessories. T105's are
more commonly known as pro golf cart batteries, with six in series a
typical battery array in a golf cart.

The power supply has to match the house batteries' rated max sustained
charge current. When "house" 12v draw plus battery charge current exceeds
the rated current, the power supply voltage drops to limit the current at
the rated amperage. This is what I have in my RV. Camping World prices for
these units can be beaten on the internet.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/wf-9800-series-converter-charger-55-amp/58324

My RV is a self-contained field day station that can put everything on the
12 volt rail.The generator or park power runs the microwave, the air
conditioning and the aforementioned RV 12v supply. The T105 house batteries
could easily handle a 2 x QRP entry for the 24 hours.

Using this kind of power supply at home to run a battery float system is
very easy, once the venting and safe location of batteries issue is
settled. The batteries and power supply can be quite a distance from the
shack if single aught copper is used to bus the current from battery to
shack and distribution/fuse device.

73, Guy.