On 3/17/2019 1:26 PM, Charlie Wirth wrote:
Other than disconnecting the send and control cables from the 1500 that go to
the Flex and plugging in the same cables from the 7700 is there any other way
to have both sets of cables connected to the amplifier safely?

Several thoughts. First, both of Elecraft's power amps nearly instantaneously detect the frequency of the drive signal, no there is no need for the rig to send band information to the amp. Second, ALC should never be used to set TX power -- that should always be done by setting the output power of the rig.

The only necessary connections are the "amp key" line that puts the amp in transmit mode and the coax between the rig and the amp input. Switching the coax is easy with a SPDT coax switch or relay.

Most of the rigs I've owned use a short on the key line to key the amp. If both of yours do that, you can probably connect them in parallel to the Key input of the power amp using an RCA Y-cable. I've done that for years to switch my K3 between my KPA500 and a 1500w tube amp (for many years a Ten Tec Titan, now an 87A).

73, Jim K9YC