I have a KPA/KAT500 combo connected to my Flex 6600 and K3. The K3 has all of
the cables connected, so when it’s on, it controls the package with full
integration. I use the “key interupter” to break out the key line. It’s “Y’d”
with the key line from the Flex as Jim mentions into the KAT500. I switch input
coaxes via a two port manual selector. That could be automated using one of
several options if desired.

Works great.

tnx
Mike / W5JR