Good Evening,
Just had my nightly visit by the two bats who have taken up residence in my house. Third night in a row I've had to open the windows and act as air traffic control. Sam, the cat, enjoys the fun and games. He dreams of his younger days when he could catch and eat them. I need to find the hole they are crawling in and stuff it with steel wool. I like their presence but not in close proximity. They can stay outside and eat bugs! The stiffness is getting a bit worse but it sure did feel good to have a nice day to cut and split wood. Currently it is raining but earlier today the weather was quite pleasant. The chainsaw was in fine fettle but my lower back in not used to reaching while holding weight. I plan (hope, hope, hope) on working a few hours a week if not an hour a day on my wood supply. It will keep me warm next winter but I get the side benefit of a free fitness plan. Who needs a gym when you can work outside ;) The computer crash is almost behind me. The data was all in fine shape and I was able to find most of the driver diskettes and CDs. The ones I could not find were available on the web. The system is close to the stage where I will make a mirror image (Ghost) for my closet. That way I won't have to work so hard to rebuild the system the next time it decides to eat its own OS. The radio is in fine shape too. With a little help from my friends I was able to get to the root cause and fix it. Just a little solder, a new RG 174 cable, and things were fine. Now to never make that mistake again. I try to make my mistakes only once and find new ones to try to keep life interesting ;) I hope the bands are in better shape than what the sun tells me from its photo on space weather. Quite blank the last two days. But, we've worked through this before with little or no difficulty. Tomorrow just may produce fine propagation so we can work from coast to coast, Nova Scotia to San Diego, Puerto Rico to Palmer, Alaska. Surprise me by checking in from new states (ND & DE) or provinces (Manitoba, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, NWT, PEI, New Brunswick, etc) or even a new country. I am open for excitement :) Now, for a good night's sleep and a clear day tomorrow. I'll cut and split more wood and maybe even stack it for drying. Where did I put those aspirin?

    Please join us:
Sunday 2300z (Sunday 4pm PDT) 14050 kHz
Monday 0200z (Sunday 7pm PDT)  7045 kHz

Until tomorrow,