Good Evening,
Oregon weather has returned to the mountain. It seemed chilly after last week's 90+ weather. I thought about starting a small fire to warm the house but it was simpler just to go outside and work a while to get warm. I went through two tanks of gas getting more wood cut up. Sitting at a desk all week does not help my stamina any. When this project is done I'll take a long break and work on the house and the wood pile. That will help me get back into shape if it does not kill me ;) Friday evening I had an hour long contact into Oklahoma on 40 meters. There were some thunderstorms effecting the contact and a bit of QSB but until the very end we had solid copy. I hope those conditions hold for tomorrow's nets. Our contact started around 7:20 PM Pacific Time and lasted until 8:23. He passed through the dusk to dark but it was still light on my end. I am not sure how much that effected the last few minutes but there was a change near the end. My fingers were also getting a bit tired since I have not run that fast for that long in quite some time. Hopefully I'll be able to get in more time on the radio later this year. If you have a few minutes tomorrow you may wish to check in to either the 20 or 40 meter net. Or you could listen along as we meet and greet folks from all over. I may get a chance to work in the FOBB tomorrow but should really spend more time on the wood pile. Winter is not that far off and I would rather be the ant than the grasshopper! Next chore is the roof so Oregon's dry season is best for that. After the wood and the roof are done it can start to rain and my other chores will be uneffected by it. A little antenna maintenance would be good before the wet season. Trim back some branches, check the lines, and examine the solder joints. Then I can be toasty warm in a dry house with the radio running well. That is a good way to spend the winter ;)

   Please join us:
Sunday 2300z (Sunday 4pm PDT) 14050 kHz
Monday 0200z (Sunday 7pm PDT)  7045 kHz

Until tomorrow,