> On Dec 13, 2023, at 5:58 PM, G4GNX <g4...@g4gnx.com> wrote:
>
> C’mon Wayne, what’s your take on all of this?

First, I think Bob Milne (subject of the podcast) is in a class by himself.
He's able to virtually play back the audio of up to 4 symphonies with different
keys and tempos in his head, simultaneously, and when queried at a random time,
report where each of them is in the score +/- one second. He also has a very
sophisticated "chunking" method for different major/minor/seventh/etc. keys,
remembers pieces after hearing them once, and can visualize musicians in great
detail while they're playing in his internal performance hall. This is
superhuman by any definition.

My personal best in this regard is to play harmonica and guitar at the same
time on "Heart of Gold." Oh, and during Field Day one year, I discriminated two
CW signals that were at virtually the same pitch and amplitude using only phase
information. For the latter feat I was awarded an extra pizza ration by my
temporarily stunned co-pilot.

Wayne
N6KR