On Mon, 9 Jul 2007, Julian G4ILO wrote:

How do you know that? Did you get a message saying it was blocked? Was there a
reason?

Yes, I did get a bounce message back to say that my reply "looked like
spam". Why a legitimate reply-to from a registered list member should
be considered spam I have no idea, but I've complained before about
the brain-dead QTH.NET system and got nowhere, so let's not go there.

Ah...I suppose the brain-dead anti-spam system at QTH.NET didn't identify itself?

I recently added so anti-spam protection to my server, plus giving the users the ability to add more spam protection...and it "explains" why someone gets their mail blocked.

So far, I haven't gotten any emails asking me to unblock any IP or address.

Most spam filters just silently drop the email, so the first a vendor
knows about it is when an irate customer complains they didn't get
what they ordered.

Yep...that's why I have my system st to explain why the mail is bounced....the bad news is that with so much spam...the notification messages may go to unreal addresses...and of course they get bounced.

Thom,EIEIO
Email, Internet, Electronic Information Officer
k3hrn

www.baltimorehon.com/                    Home of the Baltimore Lexicon
www.tlchost.net/hosting/                 Web Hosting as low as 3.49/month