The spam filtering is applied at our Elecraft list host, qth.net, and is not under our control.

It is absolutely needed. Without it we have had literally hundreds of spammers 'subscribe' to the list and attempt to post. We still see the attempts here daily.

In general, if you get a bounce message, please forward it to me and I'll ask qth.net about it.

73, Eric

Julian G4ILO wrote:
On 7/9/07, Thom LaCosta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This mailing list's spam filter has blocked 3 attempts by me to reply
> to this thread. I think spam filters are more likely to be blame for
> the lack of communication being complained of than any failings at
> Elecraft.

How do you know that? Did you get a message saying it was blocked? Was there a
reason?

Yes, I did get a bounce message back to say that my reply "looked like
spam". Why a legitimate reply-to from a registered list member should
be considered spam I have no idea, but I've complained before about
the brain-dead QTH.NET system and got nowhere, so let's not go there.

Most spam filters just silently drop the email, so the first a vendor
knows about it is when an irate customer complains they didn't get
what they ordered.