On Mon, 9 Jul 2007, Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft wrote:

The spam filtering is applied at our Elecraft list host, qth.net, and is not under our control.

It is absolutely needed. Without it we have had literally hundreds of spammers 'subscribe' to the list and attempt to post. We still see the attempts here daily.

Wow....they don't have a subscribe option that requires confirmation? That eliminates a lot of spammers....but then again, some one has to read the messages for the sign ups that fail.

Thom,EIEIO
Email, Internet, Electronic Information Officer
k3hrn

www.baltimorehon.com/                    Home of the Baltimore Lexicon
www.tlchost.net/hosting/                 Web Hosting as low as 3.49/month