This is woefully off-topic, but I cannot let this pass uncommented.

The quote in the previous post attributed to Franklin is one of many, many misquotes floating around out there. The correct quote (see http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Benjamin_Franklin and related links on that page) is as follows:

The qualifying adjectives are critical. Franklin was not a black-and white thinker, but a brilliantly subtle political scientist and diplomat. Interestingly, even this correct quote has never been proven to have been authored by Franklin, though most scholarship agrees he probably did write it around 1755, with versions of the sentiment going back to Poor Richard's Almanack as early as 1738.

Franklin was neither an absolutist nor a revolutionary by nature; he was first and foremost a scientist. For a goodly fill of absolutist political rhetoric of the first order, read Thomas Paine. ;-)

Bill / W5WVO

W2AGN wrote:
Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft wrote:
The spam filtering is applied at our Elecraft list host, qth.net,
and is not under our control.

It is absolutely needed. Without it we have had literally hundreds of
spammers 'subscribe' to the list and attempt to post. We still see
the attempts here daily.

In general, if you get a bounce message, please forward it to me and
I'll ask qth.net about it.

73, Eric

“Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will
not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”

-Benjamin Franklin

---
/ \  / \  / \  / \  / \   John L. Sielke
( W )( 2 )( A )( G )( N )  http://w2agn.net
\_/  \_/  \_/  \_/  \_/   http://www.blurty.com/users/w2agn