Though I really hate adding to what seem to be mostly OT threads, I'm going to do so here and this will be my only post on the subject.

Several weeks ago, a reflector member sent a message to me, asking that I post it to THIS reflector on his behalf because every time HE attempted to post it, the message was 'bounced' as 'appearing to be SPAM'.

I made several attempts to post his message and received the same bounces.

I eventually found (within the 'bounce' message) a link to where I cold inquire as to why the message was being flagged as SPAM. So I inquired!

Turned out that the text of the message contained the word "repl cated"...! That's it!! Nothing more innocuous than that! (NOTE: I've left out the "i" in the 'bad word' above, in the hope that IT won't cause this reply to be bounced... <G>

As a result, the person who eventually replied to my query, giving me the offending word, suggested that I substitute another word ("reproduced", if I recall) for the offending word. I did, and resent the message... which, that time, was forwarded to the reflector.

So, it doesn't take much... darn little, actually, to cause the SPAM-COP detectors to start ringing.

End of rant.

73,

Tom Hammond   N0SS

At 03:10 07/09/2007, Julian G4ILO wrote:
On 7/9/07, Thom LaCosta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This mailing list's spam filter has blocked 3 attempts by me to reply
> to this thread. I think spam filters are more likely to be blame for
> the lack of communication being complained of than any failings at
> Elecraft.

How do you know that? Did you get a message saying it was blocked? Was there a
reason?

Yes, I did get a bounce message back to say that my reply "looked like
spam". Why a legitimate reply-to from a registered list member should
be considered spam I have no idea, but I've complained before about
the brain-dead QTH.NET system and got nowhere, so let's not go there.

Most spam filters just silently drop the email, so the first a vendor
knows about it is when an irate customer complains they didn't get
what they ordered.