This brings up an interesting question in my  mind.  I have noticed in many
flash upgrades for computer bios that the  upgrades often involve changes that
I would not necessarily want to make to the  BIOS. Some manufacturers would
require (force) the change if you wanted to  install any version of the flash
BIOS - not allow you to skip versions.

Most manufacturers recommend that you don't upgrade a BIOS unless you
actually need to, because there's a small risk that if something goes
wrong during the update (like your PC crashes or there's a power
failure) the BIOS becomes unusable and you can't restart the update.
Does the K3 have a non-programmable boot loader that cannot be
overwritten so that it is always able to receive an update no matter
what goes wrong? Or would a power hiccup mean a dead radio that would
have to be shipped back to Elecraft?
--
Julian, G4ILO K2 s/n: 392  K3 s/n: ???
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com