I  don't know if people want it smaller, or they push
smaller stuff to the people, or if it's a young thing, or what.
I do NOT want things smaller, my cell phone/camera is already so small
its very hard to use, look at aftermarket car radios, the buttons and
displays
are so small you have to stop and put your glasses on to read/change
anything,
handhelds have gotten so small they cant fit enough buttons and have menus
and multi function things that make them almost imposable to use
or figure out.

I got a VX-7r I hate, as you cant use it without the (thick)
instruction book, you cant even hold it without things getting in the way,
and it gets REAL hot.

No thanks, I want things bigger.

Now if I was back packing, I would like it to be small
and light, for the rest of it, I want it big and easy to use.

But maybe I am odd, my transmitters are 6 foot tall....

Brett
N2DTS