Hi Cookie,
If you are not yet convinced that the K3 is the rig
you want and can afford you should wait until this is
so.  If you are convinced, then you should consider
ordering it now.  If you order it today, you will get
it sooner than if you order it tomorrow or next week,
or six months from now.  If you still think you might
be happier with an Yaekencom then you should keep
thinking until you are satisfied with your choice.

I need to clarify my situation. I was a relatively early adopter of the K3, having placed my order on 7 June 2007 with a 50% deposit. My order date was determined by my desire to have the money in hand before committing to a purchase, not due to any technical concerns.

The wait of nearly nine months was more than originally expected by a factor of more than two, but the rig (#441) was worth waiting for. It easily meets, and in some areas surpasses, my expectations. And my K2/100 served me well during the K3 gestation period.

Had I waited to order until Elecraft had the K3 available off the shelf, I'd still be waiting to place an order, which as I implied is rather silly if you know you want one.

Cheers,
Gus Hansen
KB0YH