I got lucky with my K3 and did not have to wait.  Let me explain.  Part of the
fun for me in Ham Radio is waiting.  Yes, I know it sounds strange, but it is
true.  Ham Radio has be be budget neutral for my family.  So, years ago my wife
and I gave each other a weekly allowance...so called mad money.  It has gone up
over the years, but it is not a significant amount of money each week...but
over a year or so it could add up.  So, I have to SAVE for my ham radio
obsession.

I was about 75 percent of the way to buy a K3 outright and had the plan to
order it in July and wait patiently.  But, a local ham who had ordered one
decided he did not want one because of...well...what ever.  So, he asked me if
I wanted to take the order.  Well, I said yes and made the appropriate
arrangements with Elecraft to take over the order.  But, I had to pay for it.

Now the rule in the family is .... you have the money you can buy it ... but
not credit and no credit card.  This plans turned out to pretty good over the
years.  My loving wife, knowing me, said go ahead and get it and she would
cover the rest out of mad money.  I said I would them sell the PRO II and pay
her back.

Three weeks later, I got a Lisagram and a week later I had the unit in the
house.  A week later, knowing the K3 was a keeper, I put the PRO II up for sale
and it was sold the next week.

So, I was not expecting to get a K3...but the waiting and saving for the K3 was
for me exciting as I watch the list and read the literature and looked at the
on going development of the unit.  It was great anticipation.  Exciting.  Now,
the K3 has met all my expectations and just getting better.

I love to wait....cause it is sweet in the end.

Lee - K0WA

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't
have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find
any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is
Common Sense divine?