"I originally planned to wait and see how other installations played out especially after reading that the front panel had to be removed and messed with in order to do the KRX3 installation. That's the last thing I wanted to do."

Removal and re-installation of the front panel assembly is quite easy if the instructions are followed. That said, due-diligence rests with the builder/purchaser. If there's any doubt about the kit's degree of difficulty, the answer is only one phone call or e-mail message away. I would argue that if there's concern and fretting over a retrofit, then a K3 in kit form is not in the best interest of the prospective purchaser.

Paul, W9AC