Hi, Dave,

Wow -- I know exactly what you are talking about!  I received my KRX3 and
there it sat in a box for two weeks.  I was more than a little scared to
install it after reading about some of the horror stories on the reflector.

Two weekends ago I took the plunge.  I set aside an entire Sunday, cleared
the work bench, and dived it.

I have to say, quite honestly, that it was much, much easier than I could
have imagined.  I think being a little scared might have helped, as I was
VERY careful and took my time.  However, it all went together ridiculously
easy and I had no problems whatsoever.

The front panel was much easier to get off and reinstall than it was the
first time I put the K3 together.  In the entire process, the only problem I
had was a bent screw.

The decision is yours, but I wouldn't hesitate to do the install again.
Good luck and 73 . . .

John, WA6L