Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

>> > The program is called K3 Filter Tools and can be downloaded
>> free from: http://mysite.verizon.net/ks7d
>> > Mike, KS7D

>Note: when using Mike's software, AUTOINF must be set to NOR.
>Anyone who normally has AUTOINF=1 (e.g. for a SteppIR antenna)
>will need to manually reset it before using the software in
>order to get usable data.

Mike's program is an excellent addition to the K3 toolkit... but as Joe
points out, be aware that it takes control of the K3 in ways we might
not expect.

If the K3 is configured for PTT or CW keying using the CTS and/or DTR
lines, the Filter Tools program may cause the rig to transmit. (No harm
done, as the signal generator was connected to the RX ANT port, but
definitely an unexpected event.)

Before using *any* new program that takes control of the rig, it is also
a good idea to use Elecraft's K3 Utilities program to grab a config
file, and then reload the original rig configuration afterwards.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek