After I used it, my K3 had been changed. Before, it was a 100 W unit.
After, only 12. I had to restore an earlier K3 configuration file to
restore it. There might have been other K3 changes also that I
corrected by this config restore without even knowing they had
occurred, so other users should watch for them.

Also, I had to reboot the computer to get the serial port back -
K3FilterTools apparently did not release it when it exited.

OTOH, I recall having some weirdness occur while trying to get the
filter scan and might have upset the program and caused these
problems myself as I tried to recover from the weirdness - don't
remember details of it.

Thankfully,  my K3 did not transmit into the signal generator -
probably would have ruined the little Elecraft XG-2 and w8diz 10 MHz
oscillator I was using..

I think this will be a really useful program when we understand how
to safely use it. I read all the help files that came with the
program, but have not read Jack Smith's writeup on the method yet.

Jerry W4UK