I realize this is already OT and making any critical comments about K3s is
dangerous in this forum, but how can you say this?

Are there some published data on the FT5000 somewhere that prove this?  I don't
know anything about Yaesus, the last one I owned was labeled Henry Tempo One
(FT200) and I'm not here to defend them but until data are available, who knows?

But if one wants to guess, it's practically guaranteed that the transmit IMD
performance will be far superior in the FT.  If that's the case and we want to
use that as a criteria (I think we should) then it can be argued that the
FT2000 is "better" than the K3.

If you can insert a mono plug into the audio output jack on the FT without
blowing the amplifier chip, does that make *it* better?

How about if it has fewer internal birdies?  What if it's not deaf on 10 and 6
meters?

Personally, I'm reasonably happy with my K3 and I'm not interested in the
FT5000 (although the new Kenwood tease might be a different story) but the K3
still has warts.  And it appears that it's *done* at least for now, as I
suspect the P3 has all of the focus these days.

Wes  N7WS