Wes,

Yes, the K3 does have a few warts that have to be worked out.  It will
never be "finished" as far as things like the audio amp/mono plug
problem and similar hardware related problems.  As a parallel, when
there is a particular problem identified on the K2, K1, KX1, or any
other Elecraft product, that problem is addressed even though that
product may be "finished".  What  I believe "finished" means to Elecraft
is that no further options or upgrades will be offered other than those
that are already on the books.  Problems will always be addressed, and
usually as quickly as possible.  "Finished" is not the same as
'obsolete' or "no longer supported".  After 10 years, Elecraft customers
have not heard anything about 'obsolete' or 'no longer supported'.  I
don't worry about my Elecraft K2 SN 00020, but I do have concerns about
my Yaesu FT-900 or Yaesu 847 should something go wrong with either of
them - I guess I just scrap them out or parts.

I am not certain how long that situation will last, but from all
indications I have it will be a long time into the future.  I have no
"inside information" on this subject, but that comment is based on my
opinion formed after a long and close relationship working with Wayne
and Eric and all the rest of the Elecraft crew.  If there is any planned
product obsolescence, I have not heard anything about it.

Yes, the Elecraft resource focus is on the P3 at the moment causing a
momentary lull in the K3 activity, but the K3 "list" is still present
and is being worked at bit by bit.

73,
Don W3FPR