I think if we are working on the basis of a blessed set of modules one of
the requirements should be having several people who can merge a pull
request etc.

Zach
ᐧ

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 1:48 PM, Rehno Lindeque <rehno.linde...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> This grey list would be backed by a clear process of getting things on the
>> list that would include a checklist of mandatory things.
>> This checklist would be like a rule list and breaking any of the rule
>> would have to happen after a serious benefits analysis done under the
>> supervision of that experienced Elm programmers group I mentioned earlier.
>>

> If this were the route people decide to take, I get the impression that
> this is the sort of thing elm-community does quite well. Perhaps a
> "greylist" could be simplified to https://github.com/elm-community/*.
>
> Something to keep in mind is that there's likely to be red tape required
> to fork a package on a special list. Not great if you need to fix something
> in a hurry and the author has disappeared. Elm-community provides a little
> bit of peace of mind for people like me who would like to make sure that
> packages they use have at least one active maintainer assigned to it and
> that the code has had some level of peer review.

Zach Kessin
Teaching Web Developers to test code to find more bugs in less time
Skype: zachkessin
+972 54 234 3956 / +44 203 734 9790 / +1 617 778 7213