[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

> it can 
>cause instability simply because if you have too many things running and 
>not enough RAM, yes it will cause instability! And THAT'S computing 
>101.... 
 The problem I had with your statements was that you said that you want
Apple to lose classic, that is get rid of all OS 9 code including the
possibility to run Emailer, as that in your opinion can cause
instability. But Classic, the trueblu environment, which the OS 9 system
runs within, can not cause instability if it's not running. Fact is that
it doesn't run by default and if it does run it can be turned off.

So, fact is, that if you want to get rid of classic causing instability,
you can do that easily without enforcing this regimen upon the rest of
the Mac community. So the basis of your conclusions was erroneous and you
need to review your results and start anew.

Also, I run classic with 128 MB RAM on OS X 10.2.5, it uses 14 (!) and
cause no instability whatsoever. I'm also surprised at times how fast it
can be even with this little RAM. But this is my experience of course. 
Might I mention to you that OS X have an excellent implementation of
Virtual Memory, that actually take away some of your 101 problems? Think
about it for a while.
That said, I always recommend 512 MB for OS X users. It's cheap so why
have less? Yes, that was a contradiction.

___________________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe send a mail message with a SUBJECT line of "unsubscribe" to
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  or  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Reply via email to