>From:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Mikael Bystr^m)

>[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>>I thought they said that eventually X would just be standalone? When 
>>would that be slated to start?

>Reasonably not before 2005. If there isn't a unreasonable chore for the
>developing teams and the future upgrades like 10.4 or whatever and so on
>can accomodate the classic virtual machine without a lot of *extra* work
>(after all it's an app), Apple would be smart if they kept it, even
>though new boxes couldn't* boot* into OS 9.

>This would be attractive for people like MacOrphans that reluctantly in
>2005 will buy a G5,

[NOTE: I will have one long before that... :-) ]

> as they now are so cheap, for her new fav refurbished
>Reemailer(TM) application, built on Open Source from Apple ;=) 

Now THAT would be cool......in fact, that MacFixit article stated Emailer 
as one reason folks don't want to give up OS 9.
I love OS 9, hate the "emulator" for "classic" and so if do ever switch 
to X it will be JUST X. So I hope the emulator will disappear, and soon.

>with videomail or whatever. When they discover they are safe running old
>apps if they want, say 5 times faster than before , they will come to
>love the new OS what for what it have become. This way all the legacy
>users will come aboard, soon or later, not because Apple forces them, but
>because they have made OS X attractive and *compelling*.

Doing video now on iChatAV. :-)

>Let's hope that by then Macs will have 10% worldwide market share and 16%
>in the US.  :)

Marketshare is not really representative of the amount of Macs "in use" 
I've found........does it count people like moi with 12-16 going at any 
one time?

___________________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe send a mail message with a SUBJECT line of "unsubscribe" to
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  or  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Reply via email to