[EMAIL PROTECTED] tapped out this message on 7/14/2003 9:20 AM >>Um let me explain...............If I use 9 it's on a machine with 9 all >>by itself as that is how I prefer it. >>When I think X is ready to be used every day for everything, I will use >>it and won't use 9.......so I won't want the emulator...just my >>preference. >Right... that's fine... but why do you hope it goes away and does so >quickly? If you don't use it, then just don't use it. The fact that it is >there available for use will have no more bearing on you then any of the >other applications bundled with OS X that you might not use.
Well because if I am expected to adopt X, I will do it when it runs right without quitting every time I open two apps together. I think having this setup bogs down the system.. at least on my machine it does. So when I use X I want it to be X-Clean. >The emulator is simply an application that enables you to run OS 9 if you >want to. If you don't want to, you just don't run the emulator. Unless >you CHOOSE to run it, it isn't running, and isn't doing anything more >than any other unused application. If you looked around for the right >info, you could probably even find out how to remove it, although other >than for space reasons, there is no reason to bother removing it as if >you didn't tell it to run... it isn't. > >I just really don't understand why you would want Classic to go away and >go away fast. Because, it confuses people! It's a bloody nightmare to do tech support for X. The people that I help are barely able to get around in 9 but at least when they call me, I have everything memorized and can direct them to the spot that need attention. In X, there are so many files and folder strewn everywhere and with the same names, it's impossible to direct them over the phone as to what to do to fix a problem. X needs to be pared down, drastically, if Apple wants to claim the rights to "ease of use" ever again! ___________________________________________________________________________ To unsubscribe send a mail message with a SUBJECT line of "unsubscribe" to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> or <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

