Hi Lars,

I walked a bit trough the code and tried some things out. There is already
cleanup code to avoid this problem, but the cleanup works only when emc is
started as root. It seems just like a problem with permissions. I recommend
to start emc as root to avoid the problems.

In case of problems it's also possible to remove the shm by hand with these
commands:

ipcrm -M 0x48414c32 #(hal shm)
ipcrm -M 0x0000cafe #(shm interface)

Can you please tell me more about the segfaulting shm_tester? I have no
problems with this program here...
Thanks!

regards Michael