Matt -

Am 09.06.2013 um 00:07 schrieb Matt Shaver <m...@mattshaver.com>:

>> Michael actually asked if you'd "FIXED" the licensing issue?
>> That can't be true.
>
> Well, maybe he didn't exactly say those words :) He did sort of ask me
> for a status report on the issue, and considering that I've made more
> than a passing comment or two on the subject, I don't think it's
> unreasonable for him to think I might be able to at least figure out
> what the options are to get from where we are to where we want to be. I
> think Micheal wants to be at a place where he can go shopping around
> the internet for software components that might fit in with his ideas
> for linuxcnc and have a clear understanding of what can be hooked to
> what in a license compatible way.

Yes, picking and using existing components is hampered by the status quo. And:
boy, does it show.

No, I am not running a djihad here to 'get my picks in'. I think that view is a
bit upside down.

I note the problem and the discussion is a bit older than me appearing on the
scene, so there might be more to it than my personal pet peeves.

If my 'peeves' are the lever to _finally_ cause action on this: great, I'll
happily take the blame.

- Michael