On Sunday 09 June 2013 16:42:12 Chris Morley did opine:

> > If we keep dragging feet, at some point we will have a crossover of
> > returns: it will be easier to throw away the GPL2 code and baggage
> > like NML and Tcl, and start with the relicensable core code and
> > postwar supporting components.
> >

> > - Michael
>
> Honestly I am tired of this issue popping up and us just talk about it.
> We don't need to talk about it anymore, we need a decision.
>
> It again really comes done to what we want from this project.
>
> if you are happy the way it is and don't mind it slowly dieing when
> current developers get busy in life and quit developing it, then leave
> it as it is. It will last a long time but become relatively stalemated.
> If we don't continue to bring in new people then it _WILL_ die
> eventually.
>
> If you wish to make it easier to expand and bring in new people, new
> ideas, new technology then we must fix the licence issue.
> If we had started to do it when it first came up, it would be done be
> now ( I bet )
>
> So the decision number 1 is: do we fix the licence issue or will our
> project by forked. cause I'm pretty sure that's what will happen.
>
> decision # 2 is what licence.
>
> These are the decisions that need to be made. Now. In an open format.
> I prefer maillists for course discussions and announcements.
> We need to set a rough date to make this decision.
> Actions seldom happen if there is no time limit.
> and we need to specify how will we come to this decision.
> the board? by vote? person X?
>
> I don't really care if you have worked for ten years on this project or
> started yesterday, if you have an informed opinion on those questions
> lets hear it. But we must stay focused and answer them. relatively
> soon.
>
> And I don't think having a relatively closed door discussion about these
> broad questions should be done in Wichita. Whichta would be great for
> figuring out the details of HOW we will do what we have decided.
>
> all IMHO.
>
> Thanks
> Chris M

I am just an old fart hobbyist using it, and pestering you all for details
now and again, so my oar can't begin to steer this ship.

But I'd certainly add my vote for this general procedure, it makes sense.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
An apple every eight hours will keep three doctors away.
         law-abiding citizens.