My non-expert opinion is that warranties on systems like air-bags, anti-lock
brakes and seatbelts may have the same legal obligations as the Federal
requirements for (fuel) Emission controls (IIRC, 6 years or 100k miles?).

Ed

Ed Price
ed.pr...@cubic.com
Electromagnetic Compatibility Lab
Cubic Defense Systems
San Diego, CA  USA
858-505-2780  (Voice)
858-505-1583  (Fax)
Military & Avionics EMC Services Is Our Specialty
Shake-Bake-Shock - Metrology - Reliability Analysis