Hello John,

If the BSI site says that, then it is yet another proof of you can't always
believe what you read. :) My Aug 2001 version of the BSI electronic catalog
shows a publication date of 1996 for the BS EN ( but the document was
actually released in late 1995) with an addendum A1 published in 1998. The
hard copy sitting in front of me (from BSI)  agrees with the electronic
catalog :)

There was a very generous transition period which ended in January of 2001.

Best Regards,

Kevin Harris
Manager, Approval Services
Digital Security Controls