Jeff Epler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> So here's what I would try: Edit my-mill.ini to set BASE_PERIOD to
> 150000 so that the delay can actually be 25000ns.  If that still doesn't
> work, also edit my-mill.hal to increase the delay above 25000ns.
> Perhaps your break-out board creates an additional timing requirement
> that you haven't accounted for yet.
>
> There is no way to direct stepconf to produce a non-doublestep
> configuration.
>
> Jeff

Jeff,

I tried that and it made no difference.  I am still puzzled by the fact that in
all of these situations Z works and X doesn't. Once or twice I got Y working but
I haven't been able to identify what causes y to work.

I have the enables for all three axii drive enables tied to pin 17.

The other thing that I notice is that stepspace is set to zero but that is also
true for all three axii.

Do you have any ideas?

Alan