Well that sucks :) my plan is to make some inexpensive h-bridges and using one of the mesa cards we have to run it. 40v and a few amps should be easy. I am very surprised that it is sin/cos. Darn. I will keep tabs on this thread for sure .

Thanks again. sam

Jonathan Hancock wrote:
Hi all - just a quick update on my Puma project.
As a thought, the output from the original encoders is a sin/cos waveform (to see goto http://www.flickr.com/photos/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/ ). I will try to convert this low level signal into a ttl level square wave using an op-amp. The encoder has a pair of leds and photo sensors in. I am looking at using a pic adc to gain limit and homing signals from the pots on the back of the motors. This is looking quite promissing. I've installed ubuntu and emc2 on my machine and now baffled! Jon - am I sorting the correct things out to interface to your cards? I'll keep you posted... Jonathan