On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 07:00:06AM +1000, Frank Tkalcevic wrote:
> Thanks.  I used "limit3" and it produced nice looking s-curves.  Start up
> was fine, but the stop was a bit painful.  I use the motion.enable signal to
> enable the pid and pwgen on my 5i20.  When the spindle is stopped, the motor
> would halt.  I had to use a combination of "near", "or2", and "not" to
> monitor the output of "limit3" and not disable the drive until the commanded
> speed was near 0.

I hadn't even considered that part -- it sounds like you found a
workable solution, though.  cool!

did you test limit2 and limit3, or just limit3?  I'm not sure whether
second-derivative limiting (since command is speed, I guess that makes
it a jerk limit) is useful for spindle speed, and it would be nice to
hear real-world results.

Jeff