Sebastian Kuzminsky wrote:
> Frank Tkalcevic wrote:
>>> Hm, the hm2 encoder velocity output is supposed to be really smooth.
>>> I'll double check it tonight.  Any chance you can supply a
>>> halscope trace of it looking bad on your machine?
>> I'm using 2.3.
>>
>> Here's a trace of the commanded velocity (after going through limit3),
>> encoder velocity (*60) and the lowpass output.
>>
>> http://www.franksworkshop.com.au/img_bin/Velocity.png
>>
>> The encoder scale is 12000; 12000 pulses representing 1 revolution.  The
>> encoder velocity output is then multiplied by 60 to give rpm.  The graph
>> shows acceleration to 20rpm and stop.
>
> Wow, that looks terrible.

Here's a prettier picture.  This has the Step & Dir pins of a stepgen in
quadrature mode hooked up with a pair of wires to the A and B pins of an
encoder.  The scales of the stepgen and the encoder are off, but the
curves look the same.  This is with 2.3.

<http://highlab.com/~seb/emc2/good-encoder.png>

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky
the garage is my happy place