2009/9/26 Sven Wesley <svenne.d...@gmail.com>

> I've tried all kinds of setups with the step timing, but I'll try to
> increase the Direction time to see if it changes.
> The only thing I really haven't tested is another encoder/servo, I'll try
> that like I wrote earlier. And see if the tuning app makes the same error.
>
> I got an answer from Tom at Rutex USA and he says that 2us would be fine
> for the step time. I might change drivers to see if there's a difference.
>

> --S

Forgot to write, Tom mentioned that he had seen noise on the step signal
interpreted as a new step and it could be solved with a small capacitor
between the step input and ground.
I run the test software on an old laptop with a parallel port, that's also a
reason to see if the error appears when tuning. Then the servo's are really
pushed hard so the offset should be seen.