> The Atom330 is a dual-core CPU.

interesting, the default Real-Time kernel apparently does not see the
second core at all?
Since when I look at the resource-monitor there is only one graph for cpu load.

So with HyperThreading the Atom330 looks like 4 cores to the OS?

> Question: do you need that? I don't think so, for a servo machine even 50k
> ns latency is ok.
> There are some SMP packages in experimental [1] but they have the
> disadvantage that you won't always get the latest emc2 version in automatic
> updates, and if no-one builds it you need to build it yourself from source.

Performance is probably good enough already. I'll probably stick to
the standard distribution so I get automatic updates.

AW