> RT tasks don't show up on multiprocessor or uniprocessor systems, since
> they run in the kernel.  (or I think that's the reason anyway)  It

Actually they run in another domain.
IPIPE (or ADEOS previously) is the way that more domains co-exist on the
same hardware.
The RTAI domain is a separate (call it OS if you like) from the linux
domain.
That's why monitoring tools (written for linux) can only see software or
load that happens to the linux domain.
That's also why you can't use linux drivers in the RTAI domain, but rather
have to reimplement them.

Regards,
Alex