Andy Pugh wrote:
> 2010/1/5 Anders Wallin<anders.e.e.wal...@gmail.com>:
>
>> interesting, the default Real-Time kernel apparently does not see the
>> second core at all?
>> Since when I look at the resource-monitor there is only one graph for cpu
>> load.
>>
> That is normal if you use the ISOLCPUS option, the core dedicated to
> the RT threads doesn't show up in the resource monitor.
Actually, that's not true.  The core is still there, and is still
monitored by the normal tools.  The only thing ISOLCPUS does is tell the
Linux scheduler not to put any tasks on that CPU by default.  Tasks can
still set their processor affinity to that CPU if they like, and those
tasks will still show up in tools such as top.

It is true, however, that the RT kernel on the EMC2 liveCD is not
compiled for SMP, and therefore will not see more than one core (real
cores or HT "phantom" cores).

With an SMP kernel, the Atom 330 will look like a 4-core CPU, if HT is
enabled.

- Steve