On 8 March 2010 20:16, Kirk Wallace <kwall...@wallacecompany.com> wrote:

> It looks like the sensor is not available separately. There are the
> austriamicrosystems rotary chips, which are very attractive:
> http://austriamicrosystems.com/eng/Products/Magnetic-Encoders/Rotary-Encoders
>
> but their onesies-twosies pricing is still too high. Too bad, nice
> product.

What does this link look like from the US?

http://export.farnell.com/austriamicrosystems/as5045-assu/encoder-magnetic-rotary-10bit-16ssop/dp/1630801

Or alternatively:
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=6691501

I have an account with the latter, and postage for such tiny things
can't be expensive....

--
atp