On Mon, 2010-03-08 at 21:10 +0000, Andy Pugh wrote:
> On 8 March 2010 20:16, Kirk Wallace <kwall...@wallacecompany.com> wrote:
>
> > It looks like the sensor is not available separately. There are the
> > austriamicrosystems rotary chips, which are very attractive:
> > http://austriamicrosystems.com/eng/Products/Magnetic-Encoders/Rotary-Encoders
> >
> > but their onesies-twosies pricing is still too high. Too bad, nice
> > product.
>
> What does this link look like from the US?
>
> http://export.farnell.com/austriamicrosystems/as5045-assu/encoder-magnetic-rotary-10bit-16ssop/dp/1630801
>
> Or alternatively:
> http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=6691501
>
> I have an account with the latter, and postage for such tiny things
> can't be expensive....

The Farnell page shows a table of links to their location specific home
pages, none in the U.S.

RS shows 1 @ L8.36 which which puts it in line with the Avago part.
RS has this page which has a U.S. link to Allied, but there are no
austriamicrosystem parts.

I did find this:
http://www.cdiweb.com/FeaturedProducts.aspx?Manf=295&Type=93&NavType=1

--