On 16 March 2010 09:39, Alex Joni <alex.j...@robcon.ro> wrote:

> - what is allowed during a pause? everything? only jogging? some MDI? all
> g-codes? running subprograms?

My first thought was jog-only, but then I realised you need to be able
to touch-off.
And possibly switch to a different tool (MDI) or run an automated
measure and touch-off (subprogram) and then the size of the task of
even speccing this becomes clearer.

When I last considered this I thought that if EMC could store a list
of all the points where the axes were stopped and run back through
them in reverse order, but that was when I was keyboard-jogging and
with the joystick-pendant I can see this is not likely to work.

I suspect that the only practical solution is "Operator beware".
Accept that the controlled point is going to move straight back to
where it was before the pause. This is never going to be a problem
with a tool-change anyway, especially with a predefined tool change
position. The problem is manual pause to clear tangles etc.

--
atp