Dave pravi:
> Yes, I have done that many times..
>
> If you are using a cam program to generate the G code I have found it is
> very easy to split operations at a tool change......
>
> But then I guess the ease of doing that may depend upon what cam
> software you were using also ...
>
> I'm really not a big fan of the idea of being allowed to jog around
> during a pause.    Say someone is doing some internal boring bar work
> and they think their cutter is getting dull, they pause, jog the boring
> bar out of the hole, replace the insert and then resume.   Do you really
> think the software is going to be able to put that boring bar back in place
> without a crash?
>
> Some of the developers were saying a while ago that making the jog
> during pause work was possible, but that it was a huge amount of work.
>
> Dave

So you Dave are on opposite side. Probably you have tool changer. If you
afraid that you crash the tool then here is solution. In emc ini file
just one option. ENABLE_JOG_DURING_M1_M6 =true/false So all of ass wil
be happy. Somewhere somebody write that 90% users have ATC. But I'm on
the other10% as my homemade/hobby machine
 http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84773
need to deal with collets.

"Do you really think the software is going to be able to put that boring
bar back in place without a crash?"

My answer is NO. So I will do that instead.

Slavko