Gene Heskett pravi:
> On Tuesday 16 March 2010, Jon Elson wrote:
>
>> Slavko Kocjancic wrote:
>>
>>> Somewhere somebody write that 90% users have ATC.
>>>
>> Maybe 90% of commercial CNC machining centers have ATC, I SERIOUSLY
>> doubt 90% of EMC2 users have it.
>> Even the monster EMC2-controlled machines at MPM in Wichita don't have
>> an ATC.
>> (The Mazak at Cardinal Engineering did have a working ATC, however, so
>> it CAN be done with EMC2, just that there are a LOT of machines out
>> there that do NOT have an ATC.)
>>
>> Jon
>>
> Neither does mine Jon, but AIUI, this isn't rocket science although it might
> need  a little rocket fuel.  ;-)  Or a round tuit, that would be helpful.
>
> BTW I am still looking for a pair of (front and back) round tUIt patterns I
> can scale to about a 50 cent piece size.  I've been promising a friend I was
> gonna make a small bag of them at some point.  I already have a couple sticks
> of alu for them.
>
> Sticking a piece of pcb material, with the copper still on it, to a little
> used corner of the table shouldn't take more than something to clean the
> table down to bare metal so the superglue would bond well, and a tube of
> superglue.  Solder the sense wire to a pulled up spare port pin, and a short
> jog to that location & a creep down till the port pin goes low, _should_ make
> an el-cheapo switch.  The only fly I could see is that since the ground would
> assume to be through the spindle bearings, and they run on an oil film, it
> might not be too bad an idea to have a ground (wired also) spring against the
> tool shank or the bottom of the collet to assure the tool does have a good
> ground.
>
> I don't see any reason that sub thousandth accuracy could not be obtained if
> the copper film on the pcb is kept reasonably clean.   Spindle stopped of
> course. ;-)

That's work but have drawback.
If you use 0.4mm drill and have little "to high" feedrate then this is
recipy to broke that drill. 20mm/min is to fast in my case. As drill
touch plate then machine need to decelerate to 0 and this give extra 0.1
mm downfeed just enought to broke drill. If you use bigger dril that's
usaly not the problem. For that reason the probe can be made to alow
slight movment. Can be done with some plastic pipe with 3 metal pin in
radius 120degre apart and metalic plate pushed from bottom to top. Can
be made from PCB material and can be made traces with exacto knife. And
then just little spring or even rubber to push that up. And this alow
much faster feedrates too.