On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 10:33:04 +0000, you wrote:

>On 16 March 2010 09:39, Alex Joni <alex.j...@robcon.ro> wrote:
>
>> - what is allowed during a pause? everything? only jogging? some MDI? all
>> g-codes? running subprograms?
>
>My first thought was jog-only, but then I realised you need to be able
>to touch-off.
>And possibly switch to a different tool (MDI) or run an automated
>measure and touch-off (subprogram) and then the size of the task of
>even speccing this becomes clearer.

Jog only and be able to switch spindle and coolant on/off and touch off
a tool.

Any other bells, whistles and toolchanges should be programmed in the
code in the first place.

It shouldn't work within canned cycles or subroutines either. It doesn't
on the commercial controllers I've used, and therefore don't see why
that should be used as an excuse not to implement it.

Steve Blackmore