hello andy,

very nice explaination, i was thiking about using spindle-synchronised
motion a few months ago, but didn't know if it was possible,

Do you think that if i use a cam software with the emc2 post, i could shape
the lobe using the spindle as a spindle in synchronised motion? That would
be very nice because the machine has a good reduction, so the torque is not
a problem, and the maximum speed now is about 200 rpm. (This is an old
machine to make lobes using a master, and it uses standard HSS tools to make
the lobes).

Do you think that if i adapt an encoder to the spindle also a vfd, and i
make the X axis accurately and fast enough to follow the moves of the
spindle i can make the lobe?.. that would be excellent because i don't have
to modify the entire machine.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards.