Correct me if I am wrong, but the only reason for putting a LPT port
card into EPP mode is to make it compatible with a device like the Mesa
7i43.

If you are using the card for step and direction I don't believe you
need to use EPP mode.

I have found the Netmos chips to work fine for step and direction and
I/O, but I understand they have major bugs when using EPP mode.

I have not had any problems with Mach3 and the Netmos 9805 type chips.

The last time I did the LPT card hunt I found the Rosewill card that
worked well and I bought 4 of them..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815166005&Tpk=rosewill%20rc-302

$10.99 at Newegg.   Gotta love the price if nothing else.  :-)

Dave