On 30 September 2011 20:29, Viesturs Lācis <viesturs.la...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Incredible!
> I found 2 notches, so decided for 4 poles, added "minus" for scale and
> motor now turns smoothly and silently also with cfg=qh,qh,qh

And now you see why I decided to write that Wiki page on this subject,
and also why I haven't finished it. :-(

> What should be my next step?
> Installing motor in machine and trying to tune PID loop?

I would make a PID loop for the bare motor first. It won't be easy to
tune, but it will be a start.

> I tried assigning bldc.2.value to motor.2.pos-cmd and then tried to
> jog it - it starts turning and does not stop until I press F2.

It will, you are telling the motor to spin at X mm…

You need motor-pos-cmd to pid.command, encoder-position to
pid.feedback and pid.output to bldc.value

--
atp
"Torque wrenches are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men"