On Mon, 2011-11-07 at 19:42 +0000, andy pugh wrote:
> On 7 November 2011 19:16, Kirk Wallace <kwall...@wallacecompany.com> wrote:
>
> > I just had a vision of using two stators, one with its matching rotor
> > connected to the main spindle and poles wired UVWUVWUVWUVWUVWUVW. The
> > other wired UUUUUUVVVVVVWWWWWW and drives the rotor on the secondary
> > spindle giving an six to one generator Hz to motor RPM ratio. The draw
> > bar cylinder would be mounted between the upper generator and lower
> > motor.
>
> Could you do that with one stator, and two rotors with different
> magnet arrangements? (Note that the question is "could you" not
> "should you" :-)

No, I think the rotor and stator pole spacings need to match. The
generator pole spacing is much tighter. The wire sizes and turns count
might be different too.

I was half joking with this idea, but it might work. Here is a rough
drawing:
http://www.wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/Shizuoka/Shiz_Speeder-1a.png

--
Kirk Wallace